Become a Husky
- Tryouts are completed for the 2018-19 varsity season. Please check back in July for 2019-20 tryout dates!
While participation in Varsity Athletics is an important component of college life, student-athletes must remember that the primary purpose of their attendance at the College is the attainment of a certificate, diploma or degree.
All George Brown College varsity student-athletes must meet the George Brown College academic policies for participation.
In order to participate in any game involving OCAA or CCAA schools, all players must be a full-time student in one of the following categories:
- Full time programs that leads to a diploma, degree, or certificate
- Tuition-short/Adult retraining programs
- Off-audit college programs
- Cooperative Education Placement
Grade Point Average
Grades will be calculated for eligibility at the completion of each semester. George Brown student-athletes are subject to maintaining a GPA per semester of 1.70 or higher on a 4.00 scale, which is the standard requirement for graduation from George Brown College certificate, diploma or advanced diploma programs. A GPA of 2.30 or higher is required for degree programs.
All athletes must also maintain a passing grade in all course subjects and attend class regularly. Failing to do so may result in sanctions.
Athletic Academic Studies Support Program
The Athletic Academic Studies Support Program is monitored primarily by the Athletics Academic Liaison and is designed to assist the achievement of academic goals by:
- Facilitating the athlete's academic success;
- Regularly reviewing academic progress;
- Regularly providing feedback and encouragement;
- Recognizing academic improvement; and
- Recognizing the achievement of academic excellence.
Ultimately, responsibility for academic success lies with the student athlete. The Department of Athletics is committed to assist in the realization of that success.
- Athletic recruitment/retention scholarships
- Athletic bursaries for student-athletes demonstrating financial need
- Athletic awards for student-athletes achieving special honours in academics and/or athletics.